If my books and treasures could be elevated on walls up high, I would choose brightly coloured shelves of great ingenuity. I would find a way to use plumber's piping, cardboard boxes, vintage suitcases and old branches dropped in the garden. I would fill my house with colour and character stacked in DIY shelving, just so I could be surrounded by my amazing display units.
1. The Block Box light-weight shelf system by Nicolas Haeberli presented at DMY berlin 2013; via blockbox.ch
2. French designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec have added three new colours to their Corniches shelves for Vitra; via bouroullec.com and spacefurniture.com.au
3. Industrial Pipe Corner Shelf by Stella Bleu Designs; oilfieldslang.com
4. Pegged shelves shot by Jeroen van der Spek, Amsterdam; via stillstars.com
5. Hanging rope shelves; via rstyle.me
6. Ki Nassauer, editor-in-chief of Fleamarket Style magazine’s suitcase shelving; kinassauer.com
7. Easy-to-make branch self; via trendhunter.com