From time to time
The clouds give rest
To the moon beholders.
|A scene from the movie Cloud Atlas.|
The book details an epic tale that spans generations and dimensions.It tells how the actions and consequences of our lives impact on others throughout history.
According to wikipedia, a cloud atlas is a pictorial key to the nomenclature of clouds. Early cloud atlases were an important element in the training of meteorologists and in weather forecasting.
Clouds are inspiration for many designs, too, from the cute to the conceptual.
Here are some of the best.
1. Belgium fashion designer Walter Van Beirendonck's Collection for S/S2012 is fittingly called Cloud #9, via waltervanbeirendonck.com
2. Andy Warhol’s Silver Clouds float inside the vast space of Mies van der Rohe’s S. R. Crown Hall, via miesiit.wordpress.com
3. Cloud Stool by Joon & Jung, a product design studio based in the Netherlands and run by two designers from South Korea, via joonjung.com
4. Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec are the designers behind DIY wall art Cloud, via LATbouroullec.com; kvadratclouds.com
5. Shanghai’s Shang Xia boutique by Kengo Kuma & Associates, via kkaa.co.jp
6. Cloud paper sofa designed by Tokujin Yoshioka, via tokujin.com
7. Neon clouds in child's bathroom. Interior design by Ghislaine Vinas, via gvinteriors.com
|Cloud-like installation by Tara Donovan at ace gallery, via acegallery.net|
|Pixel cloud in New York, via danielarsham.com|