All the fashionable chairs of today have wardrobes of their own. Which couture covering appeals to you? Soft or spongy, pleated or petaled, fuzzy or feathery?
1. Chairwear by Dutch studio Bernotat & Co at Salone del Mobile in Milan in 2012, via bernotat.eu
2. Selvedge by Raw Edges Design studio creatives Yael Mer & Shay Alkalay, via raw-edges.com
3. Alexander McQueen designer Sarah Burton was inspired by her AW 2012 collection when she produced this Hand Massaged Petal chair for Jamie Oliver's Big Chair Project auction for his charity The Better Food Foundation, via jamieoliver.com/thebigchairproject
4. Chairwear by Dutch studio Bernotat & Co at Salone del Mobile in Milan in 2012, via bernotat.eu
5. Mutation Sofa by Maarten de Ceulaer was exhibited at Milan Design Week 2012, via maartendeceulaer.com
6. Blush lounge chair by Sofie-Brunner, via sofiebrunner.com
7. Ondule armchair By Mattis Esnault, via mattisesnault.wix.com
Three red beauties.
|Kimono Chair is covered by a flat piece of material by Japanese designer Tokujin Yoshioka, via tokujin.com|
|Mitak Chair by Christian Astuguevieille, via hollyhunt.com|
|Viennese design studio kabiljo inc. has developed 'occupy! chair, via kabiljo.com|